Monday, March 10, 2008

Boys will be boys


(^_^)
Ho god.It's actually hard to change hours this time around. I just want to go back to bed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I saw two films this weekend, and they were both pretty surprising. The first one was the Bank Job, and I was surprised to find that I liked it more than I expected to, and that Jason Stratham is actually a quite likable guy. I liked the twists in it, even if they were a bit predictable, and the overall atmosphere of the movie. It really did keep me interested from one end to the other. Nice movie.
The second was 10 000 BC.
I know, I know.. I'd heard all the reviews on it already..still, I had to find out for myself.
Here, the surprise wasn't that it was bad, it was HOW bad it was.
I couldn't believe it. I actually did fall asleep for a part of it, and I might have missed the "best " parts of the movie.
But it was one of those rare movies where you will laugh at the movie while you are seeing it on the big screen. Not when you rent it because you want to laugh at it, but literally, laughing at it's goofiness while you're watching it.
AND, to top it all, the special effects were only average. The tiger the mamoths, the ships, even some of the scenery looked like an 80's blue screen effect.
It's too bad really.
I'd usually say go see it for the fun, but, I was hoping for the movie to come to an end midway through, and I think I'd have walked out if I didn't think it was a good place to sleep!
Anyhow..
Have a GREAT day everybody.
Cheers.
P.

3 comments:

Lucas Gonzaga said...

Great work!

Have you ever tried to make symbol animation with flash? instead of "frame by frame".

I think it would be nice with your unique style.

pascal said...

Oh yes, I did.
Unfortunately, lately, I haven't had that much free time to do animation for myself. For that, I'd like to have a good chunk of let's say, four or five hours of free time, and it's just not happening!
In a few weeks( months) though, I should get that break and I might try that again..if nothing else creeps up in the meantime(^_^)

bannister said...

10 000 BC à l'air vraimern pas top c'est sûr.
On a vu There will be Blood qui lui est excellent par contre.