Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kansas City, 2000


I moved to the states exactly ten years ago now, in late august, early september 2000/
I started out in Kansas city where my big brother, Sean, lives.
At that time, he had this great house in the country, in a place called Gunn City ( Pop 68) .
It was about an hour's drive to Kansas City, and he let me use his old pick up truck to do the drive.

I think it was a Ford...the details get fuzzy in my memory...I do remember it being very big, and it required quite a bit of muscles to shift gears. One of those old, built to last, behemoth of a truck.

One of the best things for me, was doing the drive on a hot day, on those little back roads, where all you could see was this huge deep blue sky, and fields of yellow everywhere.

It was incredibly peaceful, restful and beautiful.

That was ten years ago.
wow.


5 comments:

Taylor Krahenbuhl said...

Pascal, i am lovin this! I love the emotions that you somehow incorporate into your work everytime, thanks for sharing.

Gayatri Badani said...

Hi pascal , im a new follower to your blog !Truly Love your work ...
The colours in this one are just Amazing :-) .The colours in your paintings convey a lot of positive vibes about life ! :-)

Unknown said...

10 years seem to go by so fast.
Love that each artwork has its own unique story/emotion. You truly inspired me to do better with my work. :)

pascal said...

Hi Taylor! Thank you for the nice words!
I actually know your work. I've seen it a while ago. terrific stuff!

Thank you Gayatri, Audrey!
Really appreciate it

Draw Like Crazy said...

I am from kansas city. I always love hearing about the amazing people that have passed through this little town.

I think even steven silver mentioned doing caricatures in KC at one point.

I am amazed by you talent and am very inspired by what you do. Thanks so much for giving a KC girl hope!